Windows Server 2012 Standard Download
Medium sized organizations can take opportunities in their daily virtualization needs using the features of Windows Server 2012 Standard. It offers security and access to shared information, print services, and file sharing.
Windows Server 2012 Standard includes physical servers that require permission for every unit. Every license covers two processors so if a business operates four CPUs, it will require two licenses and so on. Every license involves two Windows Server virtual machines from that particular physical server. CAL or Client Access License is needed for each device or user to gain access to the server.
Windows Server 2012 Standard approves two licenses for Windows Server virtual machines. This is different from Windows Server 2012 Datacenter that sets no limitations on the users’ numbers.
- Let mobile users gain access to data with safety, regardless of the location
- Offer file and print sharing
- Improve user experience by including features such as RemoteFX and Remote Desktop Services regardless if the connection comes from a LAN or WAN
- Move workloads to other servers without any issues and with no downtime
- Generate backup of data in a centralized location and approve remote access
- Utilize Hyper-V Replica to help in disaster recovery
- Locate and get rid of duplication by avoiding de-duplication and make best use of storage space
- Use Server Manager Dashboard to handle virtual and physical servers of the organization via the same interface
- Do similar tasks on various servers at one time
Windows Server 2012 Pre-Installation System Requirements (Minimum):
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution screen or monitor
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit Processor
- 512 MB RAM
- DVD Drive
- Internet connection
- 32 GB Disk Space
- Mouse (Microsoft or other brand of pointing device)